Friday, February 10, 2012

Giants win the Stupid Bowl! Week in review

Sunday I bailed on skating to put some serious time into the Triumph.  Dropping everything to skate has been a disease I've had since I was about 12 years old so it's painful to this day.  Anyway, six hours later I still had not made any progress on this bike.   Obviously, nothing will just bolt together.  This thing started as a pile of parts that Shane and I rescued from a barn in Lambertville.  Underneath the hay was a motor, three front ends, a pile of wheels and two frames plus a drum of parts.  The price was right so I bought the lot.  Some of the parts I used on my first Triumph build and some stuff I sold.  I was left with enough to almost piece together another bike.  Now I'm matching up a bunch of different years that don't bolt up.  Most of the stuff is nice vintage parts that I don't want to just murder and hack up so I've got to make them work.  So after a week I've finally put together a roller.  I've got an unknown 18" rear with a 4.50 Firestone Deluxe champion.  Vintage Spool hub with a 21" Avon Speedmaster that's dated 1987 (will be replaced).  I had to make an 5/8" axle to fit this hub and to fit a 71-72 Triumph front end that doesn't accept axle caps.  The trees are some mutant OIF Triumph with a just under 1" stem.  Came up with a strange bearing and spacer contraption that will make this work. I like the shaved aluminum lowers with the 21" wheels mounted on the 68' frame.  The bars and grips are just for pushing the roller around.  We'll see about that.  Bryan came to the rescue a few times when I needed my third arm that I had surgically removed.  Anyway, the Giants won the Stupid Bowl so I'm pretty stoked.  

Hello Firestone Deluxe Champion, again.
Mock up


Forky

Stopped by Shane's garage.  Would you touch those wrenches?  I wouldn't.



$2 Collingwood Flea Market tractor light.  

Powdered my oil tank.



Axle Rose

Split Lanes, Splattered Brains...


I heart aluminum gas tank.  Penton Wassell

Shane, this is for you.  Antique wingnut

Never leave home without big white

Metal Mulisha

No comments:

Post a Comment